Preliminary exercise learner response

 1) Type up your teacher's feedback in full plus a summary of the comments you received from other students in the class.

-Really effective prelim exercise that meets the brief

-Elements of narrative and performance-both effective

-Overhead shot of performance good but perhaps goes on too long. Perhaps also a lesson in multiple takes? would shooting more performance create a slightly more natural performance?

-Lighting and mise-en-scene a definite strength.

-I will check if explicit language will be a problem for main production.

-Theme of the room matches the song

-Good use of panning towards pic on wall.


2) Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points and three EBI bullet points for your work.

WWW:
-Good use of lighting 
-Good use of mise-en-scene
-Range of different clips

EBI:
-Maybe use more camera shot variations 
-Smoother editing 
-Different locations

3) How effectively did you complete the objective you laid out in your mini preliminary exercise statement of intent?
 In my planning I had always visioned a cosy bedroom music video that was really girly and had pink lighting and I think I achieved this in my music video. I wanted a simplistic video to represent how feminine my artist is

4) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project?
This helped open my eyes to acknowledge you need to film shots MULTIPLE times in various angles because that's how you get the best footage. It also showed me its not as simple as it seems.

5) Now you have completed the preliminary exercise, will you change anything in your actual music promo video plan? This could include your selection of songs, actors and style or technical elements such as mise-en-scene, camerawork or editing.
I next would love to incorporate more creative and fun locations and scenes after I've done a simple one. I would also live to invest in looking for a ring light for better lighting. I may also change the songs I've selected 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sound analysis: blog tasks

Statement of Intent feedback and learner response

Film poster analysis